- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups light cream 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese 2 to
- 4 tbsps. Rebel Fire Number 1 chili Sauce or Number 2 Hot
Heat oil in heavy skillet. Saute chopped onion, garlic and red pepper until soft but not browned. Blend with cream and two cups of the corn. (Reserve one cup.)
Puree this mixture in electric blender or food processor. Pour into saucepan. Stir in remaining corn and two to four tablespoons chili sauce, to taste. Simmer 20 minutes but do not let boil or cream may separate.
Sprinkle each serving with grated cheese just before serving.
Makes four or five servings.